The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computer Science in Interactive Media and Game Development is a four-year direct honours degree programme jointly offered by SIT and DigiPen Institute of Technology.
The programme arms students with a strong foundation in mathematics, programming and design theory. Building off this strong foundation, they will be well-versed in programming game logic, interaction design, artificial intelligence, databases, design tools and game design theory for digital and non-digital games, level design, system design, and UI/UX design. This programme will address the growing need of the local industry for software engineers that have deep design skills and understanding of user experience in the current digital age.
Students focus on the following core areas of study:
- Software Engineering Projects
- Game Implementation Techniques
- Introduction to Game Design
- UI/UX Design
- Artificial Intelligence for Games
- 12-month Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP)
- Overseas Immersion Programme (OIP)
Integrated Work Study Programme
Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) provides students with the opportunity to undertake real work. Held over the span of 12 months, it is designed to be more in-depth than a traditional internship. You will gain real work experience and apply the theories you learn in class with actual practice.
Overseas Immersion Programme
The Overseas Immersion Programme (OIP) is mandatory for students in the BSc (Hons) Computer Science in Interactive Media and Game Development program. Students will study for one trimester at DigiPen Institute of Technology’s U.S. campus in Redmond, Washington, or the Europe-Bilbao campus in Spain. Students will attend lectures, labs, and industry seminars. They will also interact with American or European professors and mentors while experiencing life in a different culture with their overseas peers.
Graduates of this programme are prepared to enter the video game industry as:
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Interactive Mobile Application Programmer
- VR/AR Software Developer
- Tools Programmer
- Level Designer
- UI/UX Designer and Developer
- Gameplay Designer/Programmer
Eligibility and Exemption
Diploma holders from any of the five local polytechnics, NUS High School Diploma graduates and equivalent qualifications are welcome to apply. Applicants who hold local diplomas from other local institutions and other qualifications equivalent to Year-12 formal qualifications may be considered for admission to selected programmes on a case-by-case basis.
Subject to approval, diploma applicants may be granted module exemptions, based on the modules taken and minimum grades achieved in their diploma.
- A pass in one of the following H2 subjects (Mathematics or Physics or Computing); or a pass in H1 Mathematics
- Obtained passes in at least two H2 subjects and offered either General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) in the same sitting while satisfying Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirements.
- A pass in one of the following HL subjects (Mathematics or Physics or Computing); or a pass in SL Mathematics
- Obtained a minimum grade five for at least two HL and one SL subjects and the IB Diploma while satisfying the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirements.