SIT strives towards the highest standards of governance, ethics and conduct. The SIT Whistleblowing Channels provide individuals with avenues to report, in good faith, any wrongful practices in SIT, without fear of reprisal against the whistleblower.
Wrongful practices include, but are not limited to:
• Inappropriate or unethical behaviour;
• Academic or professional malpractice;
• Misappropriation or misuse of SIT assets;
• Endangerment of the health and safety of persons;
• Violation of laws and regulations;
• Fraud, corruption or bribery;
• Concealment of information relating to wrongful practices.
Whistleblowing reports can be sent to the following:
10 Dover Drive, Singapore 138683
(Addressed to “Director, Internal Audit” in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential”)
• Description of the wrongful practice, including where and when it occurred;
• Names of the persons involved, and their job appointments or roles;
• Details of any witnesses or evidence;
• Any other information that will aid in the subsequent investigation;
• Contact details to facilitate any clarification required by SIT.
While we can understand that some individuals may wish to remain anonymous, reports made anonymously may lack credibility or hinder investigations. Therefore, we encourage whistleblowers to identify themselves to facilitate the investigation.
The identity of the whistleblower and the information provided will be protected but may, under certain circumstances (e.g. where it is legally required among other reasons), be disclosed on a need-to-know basis to relevant parties.
SIT does not condone any acts of reprisal against a whistleblower. Any alleged acts of reprisal will be investigated promptly and action taken against any person found to have committed such acts.