Integrated Work Study Programme
Integrated Work Study Programme provides students with the opportunity to undertake real work. Held over the span of eight to 12 months, it is designed to be more in-depth than a traditional internship. You will gain real work experience and apply the theories you learn in class with actual practice.
Graduates can be employed as dietitians in a variety of settings, such as:
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Community Hospitals
- Intermediate and Long-Term Care Organisations including Nursing Homes and Rehabilitation Centres
- Private Practice
Eligibility and Exemption
SIT selects candidates for this programme using an aptitude-based approach that considers passion and suitability for the profession, academic achievement and co-curricular involvement. Short-listed candidates will be invited for Multiple-Mini Interviews, consisting of different stations which assess different important attributes such as communication skills.
Listed below are the relevant admission criteria:
Obtained a good pass in H2 Chemistry and one of the following H2 subjects: Biology, Physics or Mathematics, and also offered General Paper or Knowledge & Inquiry in the same sitting while satisfying Mother Tongue requirements.
- Completed a relevant full-time local Polytechnic diploma. For the detailed list, please refer to Relevant List of Diplomas.
- Module exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Diplomas that are not listed may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants will be assessed for admissions based on a holistic approach if they meet the following criteria:
- Obtained a Science-related full-time local Polytechnic diploma and/or
- Has acquired relevant full-time work experience of 1-2 years.
Obtained a good pass in HL Chemistry and one of the following: Biology, Physics or Mathematics; while satisfying Mother Tongue requirements.
Other Local Diplomas
NUS High School Diploma Prerequisites
Obtained a good pass in Chemistry and one of the following subjects: Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
Mandatory English Requirement
Applicants to the Allied Health Programmes are required to fulfil ONE of the following English requirements by application closing:
Minimum Grade Required
|GCE O Level||English as First Language||C5|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS - Academic Module)||International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||7.0 for all components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)|
|TOEFL||TOEFL||At least 250 marks for computer-based test or 600 marks for paper-based test or 100 marks for internet-based test|
|OET||OET||Grade B and above|
|Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)||English Modules||C+|
|GCE A Level||General Paper/Knowledge & Inquiry||D|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||SL ‘English A: Language & Literature’ OR
SL ‘Literature & Performance’
|NUS High School Diploma||EL4101 or higher (EL5101, 6103) modules||C+|
Applicants who hold a first degree from Singapore, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, and the United States of America will be deemed to have fulfilled the stipulated English Language requirement for the programme.
Please refer to the Mandatory Medical Clearance for additional requirements.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for a Multiple Mini Interview held on one of these dates as scheduled by the administrator.
- 25 March – 27 March 2020
- 28 March 2020 – For NSFs only
- 30 March – 2 April 2020
- 4 April 2020 – For NSFs only
- 6 April – 9 April 2020
- 11 April 2020 – For NSFs only
- 13 April – 17 April 2020
- 18 April 2020 – For NSFs only
Selection shall be solely within the discretion of the University and will depend upon the number of places available in the programme.
Dates assigned to shortlisted candidates are fixed. Kindly avoid travelling during this period.
Fees and Finances
- Tuition fees shown is the total cost based on the completion of the study.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents fees are exclusive of GST and subsidised by the Ministry of Education.
- International Students and Non-Subsidised fees are inclusive of 7% GST.