Integrated Work Study Programme
The Integrated Work Study Programme allows students to work full-time in a company for eight months, blending theory and practice to obtain valuable industrial know-how. Students will have the opportunity to work with local or overseas companies that offer exposure to relevant fields such as circuits, systems, products experimentation, data analysis and simulation.
Overseas Immersion Programme
The three-week Overseas Immersion Programme in Germany aims to widen students’ global outlook as they undertake projects in Germany to develop their interpersonal and technical skills while exposing them to current industry challenges. Students may visit the main TUM campus, experience cross-cultural exchanges with German faculty and students, and learn industry best practices through educational site visits.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Process Engineer
- Production and Test Engineer
Diploma holders from any of the five local polytechnics and A level / IB Diploma graduates are welcome to apply. Applicants with a strong proficiency and interest in Mathematics and Physics are encouraged to apply. Students with other qualifications (completed a formal 12-year education equivalent to A-Levels) are eligible to apply as well.
- A Level A/H2 Mathematics, and an A/H2 Science subject (Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
- Obtained a pass in General Paper or Knowledge & Inquiry in the same sitting, while satisfying Mother Tongue Language (MTL)* requirements.
In general, applicants presenting Singapore-Cambridge A level results are not required to submit the A level certificates. However, for the SIT-TUM Chemical Engineering and Electronics and Data Engineering programmes, it will be mandatory to submit the A level certificates during application.
*GCE A Level/IB applicants need to fulfil the language requirements as stipulated by the German Higher Education System
*GCE A Level applicants must have taken two language subjects, out of which one must be at H1 to fulfil the language requirements as stipulated by the German Higher Education System. If you have been exempted from taking MTL for your GCE A Level, you can retake the subject to fulfil the language requirements. For further enquiries on the language requirements, please contact TUM Asia Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The IB must be obtained after attending at least twelve years of full-time education. The 6 examination subjects taken must conform to IB conditions stipulated by the German Higher Education system:
- 2 languages at A or B level (one of which at least must be a foreign language studied uninterruptedly as "Language A" or "Language B HL" )
- 1 Natural Science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- 1 Mathematics subject (Mathematical Methods or Mathematics HL or Further Mathematics together with Mathematics HL)
- 1 social Science Subject (History, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, Social Anthropology und Business and Management)
- The 6th compulsory subject may be one of the above or one of the following subjects recognized by the IB: Art/Design, Music, Theatre Arts, Film, Literature and Performance, another modern foreign language; Latin, Classical Greek, General Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Environmental Systems, Computer Science, Design Technology, World Religions, Sports exercise and health science.
- One of the three subjects to be taken at higher level must be Mathematics or a Natural Science subject such as Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- All subjects must have been taken uninterruptedly (continuously) up to the end of the school career.
Candidates have to attain a minimum IB Grade of 4 on the six compulsory subjects. Where an IB grade of 3 is awarded in one subject only, it is possible to compensate for this if another subject taken at the same level has been awarded at least an IB Grade 5, and an aggregate of 24 points has been attained.
For further enquiries on these requirements, please contact TUM Asia Admissions Office at email@example.com.
Fees and Finances
- Tuition fees shown is the total cost based on the completion of the study.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents fees are exclusive of GST and subsidised by the Ministry of Education.
- International Students and Non-Subsidised fees are inclusive of 7% GST.