Integrated Work Study Programme
Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) provides students with the opportunity to undertake real work. Held over the span of eight months, it is designed to be more in-depth than a traditional internship. You will gain real work experience and apply the theories you learn in class with actual practice.
Regional Immersion In Sustainable Engineering (RISE) will create opportunities for you to visit key infrastructure facilities and projects in the region. You will gain first-hand experience in communicating with engineers, designers and operators who are working on various phases of a project such as those in design and construction. The meticulous maintenance schedule that can eliminate any incipient breakdown of the systems will also be explored. RISE is an eye-opener that will enrich students' learning experience.
- Design Engineer (with focus on HVAC and other relevant building mechanical engineering areas)
- BIM Manager
- Facility Manager (Mechanical)
- Sustainable Building Consultant
- Building Construction (Mechanical) Engineer
Programme Structure (AY2022/23)*
|Engineering Mathematics 1||6|
|Mechanics of Engineering Materials||6|
|Engineering Mathematics 2||6|
|Heat Exchanger and Heat Pump||6|
|Building Integrated Digital Delivery||6|
|Dynamics of Machines||6|
|Mechanics of Solids||6|
|Fire Engineering Fundamentals||6|
|Fire Safety Management||6|
|Work Place Safety and Health||6|
|BIM for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Design Studio||6|
|Building Energy Simulations and Assessment||6|
|Automation and Control in Building||6|
|Integrated Work Study Programme||20|
|Digital Competency Essentials||2|
|Critical Thinking and Communicating||4|
|Introduction to Design Innovation||2|
|Interdisciplinary Design Innovation||4|
|Social Innovation Project||3|
* The programme structure is subject to change without prior notice. SIT regularly reviews its curriculum to ensure that it remains industry-relevant and prepares our students for the evolving needs of industry.
Eligibility and Exemption
Diploma holders from any of the five local polytechnics and A level / IB Diploma graduates are welcome to apply.
BCA Academy Diplomas holders in the following are eligible to apply:
- Architecture (Technology)
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering and Clean Energy
- Facilities Management
- Mechanical Engineering (Green Building Technology)
Applicants with a relevant engineering background i.e. Diploma in Aerospace, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Civil, Environmental and Electrical Engineering, may apply for exemption from modules of up to a maximum of two trimesters.
Applicants with a non-relevant engineering background i.e. Diploma from other engineering disciplines, exemption from modules will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Fees and Finances
- Tuition fees shown are the total cost for completion of studies, based on the minimum credits required to graduate.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents fees are exclusive of GST and subsidised by the Ministry of Education.
- International Students and Non-Subsidised fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
Industry Advisory Committee
The members of the Industry Advisory Committee for this programme are:
Land Transport Authority