The Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Aerospace Engineering is a three-year direct honours programme jointly offered by SIT and the University of Glasgow.
This programme will equip students with the specific skill set necessary to meet the growing manpower demands in the local and global aerospace industry with a specific emphasis on autonomous aerial vehicles. Students will be equipped with sound foundations in engineering through appropriate mathematics and physics courses, upon which specific unmanned aerial systems knowledge will be built.
Graduates from the programme will be equipped with general knowledge of aerodynamics, flight physics, programming and composite materials coupled with specialised knowledge in guidance, navigation and control systems, unmanned propulsion systems, data analytics, risk and reliability and aviation legislation. They will be innovative individuals who are able to apply their technical and practical knowledge in the development of novel approaches, solutions and implementations of unmanned aerial systems.
- Application-oriented training in aerospace engineering in Singapore’s context
- Heavy emphasis on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) applications
- Overseas Immersion Programme (OIP) at the University of Glasgow
- Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP)
Integrated Work Study Programme
In the last year of the degree programme, students will get to apply the theoretical knowledge gained and refine their technical skills through an eight-month Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) in local and overseas companies, working in the areas of unmanned systems and aerospace engineering.
Overseas Immersion Programme
The programme includes a mandatory Overseas Immersion Programme, during which students will undertake a group project as well as witness industry best practices through industrial site visits in Glasgow.
Graduates can look forward to working in, but not limited to, the following occupational fields:
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Aircraft Engine Design and Servicing
- Defense Contractors
- Air Traffic Control
- Design Engineer (Avionics Production and Maintainability)
- Airworthiness and Quality Specialist
Programme Structure (AY2022/23)*
|Engineering Physics 1||6|
|Engineering Mathematics 1||6|
|Electrical Circuit and Analysis||6|
|Engineering Mathematics 2||6|
|Engineering Systems Modelling and Simulation||6|
|Aerospace Structures and Materials||6|
|Risk and Reliability Analysis||6|
|Composite Materials and Finite Element Analysis||6|
|Integrated Work Study Programme||20|
|Digital Competency Essentials||2|
|Critical Thinking and Communicating||4|
|Introduction to Design Innovation||2|
|Interdisciplinary Design Innovation||4|
|Social Innovation Project||3|
* The programme structure is subject to change without prior notice. SIT regularly reviews its curriculum to ensure that it remains industry-relevant and prepares our students for the evolving needs of industry.
Diploma holders from any of the five local polytechnics, A level / IB Diploma graduates, and holders of equivalent Year 12 qualifications are welcome to apply.
A-Level / IB Diploma Prerequisites
Obtained a good pass in one H1/H2 or SL/HL Mathematics and also a good pass in one H1/H2 or SL/HL Physics.
Fees and Finances
- Tuition fees shown are the total cost for completion of studies, based on the minimum credits required to graduate.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents fees are exclusive of GST and subsidised by the Ministry of Education.
- International Students and Non-Subsidised fees are inclusive of 7% GST.