The GSK-EDB-HRD Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree programme in the Engineering, Food, Chemical and Biotechnology or Infocomm Technology clusters offered by the Institute;
- Are Singapore Citizens; and
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,000, or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties, to be determined by the Institute in its sole discretion.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This bursary has been made possible with a gift from the GlaxoSmithKline – EDB HRD Fund, established by Glaxo Wellcome Manufacturing Pte Ltd and Singapore’s Economic Development Board in 1990. The Fund seeks to develop a sustainable pipeline of Singapore’s human capital through education and training. Over the years, the Fund has supported several programmes and initiatives by schools and institutions to achieve this objective.