The Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19) was established to assist undergraduates facing unexpected financial hardship due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic (through the Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19) Grant).
This Fund is applicable to students who:
- are enrolled in any full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute
- can provide documented evidence of their facing unexpected financial hardship due to the outbreak of COVID-19 which may include:
- family’s breadwinner(s) facing a loss of income
- partial or complete loss of existing part-time employment commitments
- Inability to secure part-time employment that they are newly in need of in the face of financial emergencies
- Inability to pay for a laptop just when learning must go online
- Students whose Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) opportunities and allowances have been impacted by COVID-19
Tenure and Benefits of the Grant:
- Each Grant, valued at up to $2,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year
- The Grant may go towards:
- Daily living expenses
- Cost of laptops
- Educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the Overseas Immersion Programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- A partial allowance for those who lost all or part of their IWSP allowances
- Recipients of the Grant may apply again after the applicable period of the Grant has expired, subject to meeting the selection criteria
Applications will open from 20 April 2020. For more information, please refer HERE.
*In your application, please indicate "YES" if you wish to be considered for Donated Bursaries.
About the Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19)
The Student Relief Fund @ SIT (COVID-19) (the Fund) at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) was made possible with gifts from various donors.