The Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19)
The Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19) was established to assist undergraduates facing unexpected financial hardship due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic (through the Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19) Grant).
This Fund is applicable to students who:
- are enrolled in any full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute
- can provide documented evidence of their facing unexpected financial hardship due to the outbreak of COVID-19 which may include:
- family’s breadwinner(s) facing a loss of income
- partial or complete loss of existing part-time employment commitments
- Inability to secure part-time employment that they are newly in need of in the face of financial emergencies
- Inability to pay for a laptop just when learning must go online
- Students whose Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) opportunities and allowances have been impacted by COVID-19
Tenure and Benefits of the Grant:
- Each Grant, valued at up to $2,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year
- The Grant may go towards:
- Daily living expenses
- Cost of laptops
- Educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the Overseas Immersion Programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- A partial allowance for those who lost all or part of their IWSP allowances
- Recipients of the Grant may apply again after the applicable period of the Grant has expired, subject to meeting the selection criteria
About the Student Relief Fund at SIT (COVID-19)
The Student Relief Fund @ SIT (COVID-19) (the Fund) at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) was made possible with gifts from various donors.
How To Apply
Application is closed on 24 July 2020 and will re-open on 1 November 2020.