The ZLC Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing the Bachelor of Engineering in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services) degree offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of not more than $1,500.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for the Bursary in subsequent year(s), subject to fulfilment of the selection criteria and the selection by the Selection Committee.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Z L Construction Pte Ltd and Mr Jake Yeoh. Being in a business that has gone through its share of ups and downs in the past 30 years, and having been the beneficiary of various financial assistance over the decades, Jake and the team at ZLC hopes to give a leg up to those in need, and make a small but meaningful difference to their lives.
Z L Construction (ZLC) is a Singaporean boutique interior renovator specialising in wetworks, carpentry and Universal Design, and aims to be the most progressive and trusted contractor to build the best inclusive interior spaces with customised functional solutions based on Universal Design for every person, every age, every lifestyle need.