Teo-Tan Family Study Grant
The Teo–Tan Family Study Grant was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing a full-time Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, or Nursing undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute
- Singapore Citizens
- Demonstrate community volunteerism, preferably in caring for the elderly with dementia
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$1000
Tenure and Benefits of the Grant:
- Each Study Grant is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one Academic Year.
- The Study Grant will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses.
- Recipient of this Study Grant may accept another study grant concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The donor has named the Study Grant in honour of her parents, Mr and Mrs Teo Hock Chuan, and the many sacrifices they made to give a good education and future to their child. The donor and her father have been the main caregivers to her mother, who received an unexpected diagnosis in her late 60s. She hopes that this Grant will support SIT’s critical mission to nurture a local pool of allied health professionals and nurses who can provide care for the growing number of elderly with this condition, particularly those without family support.