The Singapore Contractors Association Study Grant was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a building and construction related full-time degree programme at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing one of the following full-time programmes at SIT
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services)
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Electrical Power Engineering
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- Achieved good academic results
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$850
- Demonstrate and interest in pursuing a career in the construction industry
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to write an essay of 500 words on their career aspiration in the constrution industry
Tenure and Benefits of the Grant
- Each grant is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one Academic Year
- The grant will be used to fund the recipient's education expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, and expenses for the Overseas Immersion Programme conducted by the Instuition, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this grant may hold another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This grant has been made possible through donations from SCAL Resources Pte Ltd and members of The Singapore Contractors Association Limited (SCAL). Formerly known as The Singapore Chinese Contractors Association, SCAL was founded in 1937 with the objective of bringing about harmonious business relationships among local contractors and to ensure regular supplies of building materials and liaise with the British Master Builders Association.