The Niigata Fund Bursary
The Niigata Fund Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing the Accountancy, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering degree programmes at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing any of the following programmes:
- B (Hons) Accountancy
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- Singapore Citizens
- Have a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,500.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
Each bursary is valued at $5,000 and is applicable for one academic year.
The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from The Niigata Fund, which was set up by the Toh family to give back to society what it has been blessed with.