Lau Fatt Yonn Bursary
The Lau Fatt Yonn Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree under the Business, Communication and Design or Health and Social Sciences cluster programmes at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing any of the full-time undergraduate degree programmes under the Business, Communication and Design or Health and Social Sciences clusters offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$3,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one Academic Year.
- The Bursary will be used for the recipient's educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year may apply to receive and be considered for Bursary in the subsequent year.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries, scholarships, or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary is made possible by a gift from Ms Lau Ying Hui. The Lau Fatt Yonn Bursary was established in 2022. From a family of 10 and being the eldest, Mr Lau only completed his primary school education because his family could not afford to send him for any higher education. He started working to support his family at the age of 13. Thus, Mr Lau is a strong advocate and understands the importance of education. This bursary is set up to help students who are willing to work hard to achieve success in their academics and careers and not be limited by their family circumstances.