The Kuang Yong Auto Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Mechanical Engineering degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Kuang Yong Auto, a local business dealing in machinery rental, tyres, spare parts and LED.