The Ho Family Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree programme at the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to $1,000, or evidence of family financial difficulties.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated leadership qualities or have made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the Institute or the community.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary, valued at $5,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Bursary will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other Bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr Ho Yee Yang Edmond and his family, who believe in the value of education, and that no financially needy undergraduates should be deprived of pursuing their aspirations through a good university education. This Bursary is set up in recognition of his parents, Mr Ho Jin Kian and Mdm Yeo Suan Keow, and in gratitude for their many sacrifices made to support all three children through university. Through this Bursary, he hopes to inspire recipients to further hone their resilience and to encourage the spirit of “paying it forward” to the community.