The Hifsah Begum Study Grant was established to support deserving students who are enrolled in a Health and Social Sciences undergraduate degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing any full-time Health and Social Sciences undergraduate degree offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents (Malaysian) or Malaysian Citizens.
- Preference will be given to Muslims as well as minority ethnic groups in Singapore such as Malays, Indians and Eurasians, in particular those who do not qualify for financial aid from ethnic self-help groups such as Mendaki and SINDA.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Study Grant:
- Each Study Grant is valued at S$5,625 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Study Grant will be used to fund the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for regional immersion programmes conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Grant may accept other grants concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Study Grant, made possible by a donor who wishes to remain anonymous, is established to nurture talented Health & Social Sciences undergraduates at SIT who are committed to serving the community.