The GSK-EDB-HRD Support Grant was established to provide full-time undergraduates studying at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) with the financial resources to continue with their education and graduate successfully from the Institute when unforeseen changes in financial circumstances arise.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree programme in the Chemical Engineering and Food Technology, Engineering or Infocomm Technology clusters offered by the Institute;
- Are Singapore Citizens;
- Are hindered by financial difficulties, unforeseen financial emergencies or personal catastrophes, where a lack of financial assistance will result in discontinuation of studies from the Institute; and
- Preference will be given to students with a monthly household per capita income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each grant is valued at S$2,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The grant shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this grant may accept other grant(s) concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This grant has been made possible with a gift from the GlaxoSmithKline – EDB HRD Fund, established by Glaxo Wellcome Manufacturing Pte Ltd and Singapore’s Economic Development Board in 1990. The Fund seeks to develop a sustainable pipeline of Singapore’s human capital through education and training. Over the years, the Fund has supported several programmes and initiatives by schools and institutions to achieve this objective.