The Loh Kwan Hoi Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Nursing or Allied Health programmes offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens.
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,200.
- Have a good conduct and attendance record.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s tuition and miscellaneous fees only.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary has been made possible by a gift from Ms Loh Lin in remembrance of her late father, Mr Loh Kwan Hoi for his tireless dedication and contribution to education.
Mr Loh came from a humble background and had to work while studying in order to support his education. After graduating from Nanyang University, he spent most of his working life teaching Physics at Chinese High School and had nurtured many students, who are successful and making good contributions to society. Mr Loh always had a heart for underprivileged students. While working as a full-time teacher, he continued to provide free tuition at night to needy students, hoping that they could excel in their studies and improve their lives. This Bursary is established to help students with financial needs, so that they will have the opportunity to pursue their education and dreams, thereby contributing to their family and society.