The Chan Yen Chung & Lau Khuai Soon Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing any undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to $1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary, valued at $5,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Bursary will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other Bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from LTC (Ret) Chan Chik Weng and Mdm Chong Chow Hah, in honour of LTC Chan’s parents who were his inspiration and role models throughout his life. LTC Chan remembers his late father as being an upright person and a very hardworking farmer. Despite being poor, he would always help others. He remembers how his mother, though never receiving formal education, was a highly capable person who taught him valuable life lessons as he helped her at work and with managing the family affairs.