The Straits Bunkering Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing a full-time Marine Engineering or Offshore Engineering degree programme offered by the Institute;
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents; and
- Have a household per capita Income (PCI) of not more than $1,500.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one (1) academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Straits Bunkering Pte Ltd.