The SongHe Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at SIT
- Are in their final year of study
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Have a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may not accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Tong Seng Produce Pte Ltd. Tong Seng Produce Pte Ltd was established in June 1990 with rice as its core product. Its flagship rice brand, SongHe, is now a trusted homegrown brand that offers quality-assured products for the everyday Singaporean.