The Ng Sheng Poh and Quek Siew Keow Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$1,000, or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme and other fees for education activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another Bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from four siblings who wish to honour their parents, Mr Ng Sheng Poh and Mdm Quek Siew Keow, who were from a poor and humble background. This Bursary was set up in gratitude for their parents’ recognition of the value of a good education and many sacrifices made to support all four children through university in the 1980’s.