Malaysian Community Bursary
The Malaysian Community Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing any of the undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
- Are Malaysian Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents of Malaysian origin.
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,000, or have provided evidence of family financial difficulties.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at either $3,000 or S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from an anonymous donor, who wishes to start a platform for Malaysians and ex-Malaysians, who had achieved success in Singapore, to pay it forward to Malaysian students pursuing their undergraduate studies at SIT.