Low Geok Cheng Bursary
The Low Geok Cheng Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary is made possible by a gift from Ms Low Geok Cheng, who wishes to help students struggling with financial hardships, and enable them to better chart their education and future career path in life despite the difficulties they face.