Kwek Leng Beng Bursary
The Kwek Leng Beng Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving Hospitality Business undergraduates at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time undergraduates pursuing the Bachelor of Hospitality Business with Honours degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary, valued at $5,000, is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses relating to approved regional as well as global study trips organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year may apply to receive and be considered for Bursary in subsequent year, subject to the fulfilment of the selection criteria and the selection by the Selection Committee.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries, scholarships or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr Kwek Leng Beng, Executive Chairman of Hong Leong Group Singapore. Mr Kwek is also Executive Chairman of City Developments Limited (CDL) and Millenium & Copthorne Hotels Limited, and Chairman and Managing Director of Hong Leong Finance Limited.