Jessie Thng Poh Choo Bursary
The Jessie Thng Poh Choo Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing Nursing and Allied Health degree programmes at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a full-time Nursing and Allied Health degree programmes offered by the Institute
- Singapore Citizens
- Have a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$1,500
- Preference will be given to students who have community service records or had made significant contributions to the community
Benefits and Obligation of Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipients' educational expenses such as tuition fees, course material, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for Bursary(ies) in subsequent year(s), subject to the fulfilment of the selection criteria and the selection by the Selection Committee.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr Tong Kok Chiang and Mdm Thng Poh Choo.