2020 Healthcare Heroes Bursary
The 2020 Healthcare Heroes Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree under the Health and Social Sciences cluster offered by the Institute, preferably in the fields of Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy.
- Are Singapore Citizens.
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$1,200.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
2020 was a year like no other with a pandemic that ravaged the world. Singapore was able to face the crisis with some of the best epidemic responses a country can muster, which resulted in one of the lowest fatality rates in the world. This would not have been possible, without the courage and sacrifice of our healthcare professionals. They went beyond the call of duty, yet again, to keep Singapore safe.
The bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr Lee Kok Keong and Ms Serene Goh, in honour of Singapore’s healthcare professionals. It is hoped that the recipients of this bursary continue the flame of compassion and selflessness shown by these heroes.