University Engineering Scholarship
The University Engineering Scholarship (UES) is open to Polytechnic Diploma holders from Singapore to pursue full-time undergraduate programmes at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
SIT is the appointed Secretariat for the UES in 2021.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Possess outstanding local polytechnic diploma (preferably Diploma with Merit)
- Have good co-curricular activities record
- Matriculate into a full-time Engineering/Technology-related undergraduate programme at one of the Autonomous University in the same year of the UES application.
Benefits of Award
The scholarship provides the following:
- Tuition fee payable (less MOE Tuition Grant*)
- Living allowance of S$5,800 per annum.
- One-time computer allowance of S$2,000.
*SPR has to apply separately for the MOE Tuition Grant.
Terms and Conditions of Award
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of your full-time Engineering/ Technology-related undergraduate course at the University of your study.
- Scholars may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without the prior approval of the University.
- Scholars are required to maintain good academic performance (subject to review every semester) and conduct at all times. Liquidated damages may be imposed due to premature withdrawal or termination of the scholarship by the scholar or the University.
- Upon graduation, scholars have to serve a 4-year bond by working in an Engineering/Technology-related field in Singapore.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- The online application for the UES will open from 03 May to 21 May 2021. Click here to access the application form.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents at the uploading facility, after completing the online application.
- Selection interviews will be held in June. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview via e-mail. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for the award/scholarship. Your application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any e-mail communication.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications early. There will be no extension of the closing date, and late applications will not be accepted.
- For any queries, you may contact us at UES@Singaporetech.edu.sg.