Lee Kuan Yew-STEP Award
The Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to Encourage Upgrading (LKY-STEP) Award was established from donations received from Mr Lee Kuan Yew through the sale proceeds of autographed editions of Volume 2 of his Memoirs. The objective of the award is to encourage skill upgrading and lifelong learning. The award will be offered to outstanding polytechnic graduates pursuing full-time undergraduate degree courses at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
SIT is the appointed Secretariat for the LKY-STEP Award in AY2023.
- Open to Polytechnic Diploma graduates who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Must be matriculating into a full-time undergraduate degree programme in NUS/ NTU/ SMU/ SUTD/ SUSS/ SIT for this Academic Year 2023.
- Possess outstanding academic results in local polytechnics (preferably Diploma with Merit), excellent Co-Curricular Activities records and strong leadership qualities and potential.
- Maintain a standard of performance and conduct to the satisfaction of the University to be awarded.
Benefits of Award
- One-time cash award of S$3,500.
- No bond attached to the scholarship.
- A recipient of the scholarship is allowed to hold concurrent scholarships offered by NUS/ NTU/ SMU/ SUTD/ SUSS/ SIT or other organizations.
- Subsidised tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant) will be waived by the university if LKY-STEP Award holders are unsuccessful in securing a concurrent scholarship.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- The online application for the LKY-STEP Award will open on Friday 28 April 2023.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents at the uploading facility, after completing the online application.
- Selection interviews will be held in June. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview via e-mail. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for the award/scholarship. Your application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any e-mail communication.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications early. There will be no extension of the closing date, and late applications will not be accepted.
- For any queries, you may contact us at LKYstepaward@singaporetech.edu.sg.