Lee Hsien Loong Award
Lee Hsien Loong Award for Outstanding All-Round Achievement was introduced by MOE in January 2009. LHL-OAA will be awarded to post-secondary students who have done well, both academically and non-academically, particularly those who have outstanding contributions to the community and demonstrated the spirit of Innovation and Enterprise. This was awarded for the first time in 2010 to one Singaporean fresh graduate from each of the following four groups - JCs/CI, ITE, Polytechnics and Autonomous Universities.
- Candidate should be a Singapore Citizen
- Must be fresh graduate from each of the following four groups each year:
- Junior College (JC)
- Centralised Institute (CI)
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)(Nitec/Higher Nitec)
- Polytechnics (i.e diploma level, including the diploma programmes under the ITE-Foreign Specialised Institution (FSI) collaboration)
- Possesses excellent Academic Achievements
- Must be actively involved with Co-Curricular Achievements (CCA)
- Has strong commitment in serving institution, community and/or society
- Demonstrate the spirit of Innovation & Enterprise through CCA or community work
Benefits of Award
LHL-OAA holders will receive a one-off cash award of S$600.
Terms and Conditions of Award
- LHL-OAA holders must commence his/her study in any full-time undergraduate programme at SIT in the same academic year of application
- Holders of the award are allowed to hold concurrent scholarships offered by SIT (such as the University Engineering Scholarships) or other organisations
- Candidates should demonstrate the spirit of Innovation and Enterprise, for instance, through their CCA or community work
- Candidates should display exemplary conduct and be held as role model for their peers
How To Apply
No application is required as candidates are nominated by SIT. Candidates who are shortlisted for the interviews will be informed in early July.