The Lions Community Service Foundation Emergency Grant
The Lions Community Service Foundation Emergency Grant was established to support disadvantaged but worthy undergraduates at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) who require urgent financial assistance to continue their education, due to an unforeseen change in their circumstances.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students who are enrolled in any full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by SIT
- Require urgent financial assistance to continue their education at the Institute due to the unforeseen changes in financial circumstances
- All nationalities
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each grant is valued at S$2,000 and is tenable for one Academic Year.
- The grant will be used to fund the recipient’s immediate educational expenses needs such as tuition fees, course materials or expenses for the overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary has been made possible with a gift from Lions Community Service Foundation (Singapore). The Foundation’s vision is to be the leading source of philanthropic giving for the conduct of humanitarian services in Singapore from the funds raised by Lions Clubs from the public.
How To Apply
Throughout the Academic Year (Students who apply for the Emergency Grant should be actively matriculated in their respective programmes at the time of the application.
Students who wish to apply are required to write in formally to the Financial Assistance Schemes (FAS) division at FAS@SingaporeTech.edu.sg using the following format:
- Full Name
- Matriculation Number
- Course Enrolled
- Estimated Graduation Date
- Reasons for Appeal
- Estimated Quantum (please attach supporting documents to justify the request for financial aid)
- Number of and Details of Dependents in Household
- Supporting Documents on Household Income (e.g. Family members' CPF Contribution Histories, Payslips, etc.)