Lee Foundation Emergency Grant
The Lee Foundation Emergency Grant was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicable to undergraduates who are pursuing a full-time degree programme at the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Hindered by financial difficulties, unforeseen financial emergency or personal catastrophes, where a lack of financial assistance will result in discontinuation of studies.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a monthly household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $500.
Benefits and Obligation of Grant:
- Each Grant, valued at up to $5,000 is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Grant shall be used for the following expenses:
- Educational fees such as tuition fees;
- Miscellaneous educational expenses such as (but not limited to) course materials, computers, project costs, expenses and fees for other educational activities as organised by the Institute;
- Overseas exposure/immersion programmes conducted by the Institute;
- Allowance to cover basic needs such as meals and transport.
- Recipients of this Grant may accept other bursaries/grants concurrently.
About the Donor
The Grant is made possible by a gift from the Lee Foundation, a charitable foundation founded in 1952 by philanthropist and business leader Tan Sri Dato Dr Lee Kong Chian for the advancement of education, healthcare and cultural activities, and other social causes.