The VI Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing the Computing Science degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time undergraduates pursuing the following degree programme:
- BSc (Hons) Computing Science
- Of any nationality
- Have a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,500
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each bursary is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for Bursary(ies) in subsequent year(s), subject to the fulfilment of the selection criteria and the selection by the Selection Committee.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries, scholarships or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from 8BIT Global Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Singapore-based FinEduTech Company, 8VI Holdings Limited. 8BIT’s key product, VI App, is a unique, proprietary stock analysis tool which crunches traditional financial data and simplifies the complex stock analysis and decision-making process for equity investors into easy-to-use visuals under a comprehensive framework. As a licensed Financial Adviser approved by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, 8BIT provides financial advice concerning securities and units in collective investment schemes through research analyses and research reports, through VI App.