Ti Sui Tsu Bursary
The Ti Sui Tsu Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing a full-time Nursing or Allied Health undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of not more than S$1,500, or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties, to be determined by the Institute in its sole discretion.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from the Ms Ti Sui Tsu Memorial Fund, which is administered by Barker Road Methodist Church (BRMC). The late Ms Ti, who was a long-time member of BRMC, was a pioneer nurse who was also the matron of the General Hospital. She was among the first batch of six local nurses to be promoted to Ward Sister at Singapore General Hospital in 1951 and had a nursing career spanning over 30 years. The Ti Sui Tsu Bursary at SIT was established in commemoration of Ms Ti’s 100th birthdate on 12 April 2020, and in accordance with her wishes to help people in need, especially students pursuing the nursing profession.