Rotary Club of Garden City Bursary
The Rotary Club of Garden City Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing any of the full-time undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$1,200.
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities or have made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the Institute or the community.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for the Bursary in subsequent year.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Rotary Club of Garden City Bursary at SIT was established on 10 September 2022 with an Endowed Gift Donation in commemoration of is 35 Club Anniversary on 24 September 2022.
The Rotary Club of Garden City, Club #24693, was chartered on 2 June 1987 and meets twice a month on Tuesday evenings at Four Points by Sheraton Singapore Riverview. The club is part of a global network of 1.4 million neighbours, friends and leaders who volunteer their skills and resources to solve problems and address community needs. As People of Action, we are committed to service above self, coming together through fellowship to donate time, funds and expertise to local and global service projects aimed at creating lasting change.