Quek Chin Seng & Lee Beng Choo Bursary
The Quek Chin Seng & Lee Beng Choo Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing Health and Social Sciences degree programmes at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing any full-time undergraduate degree programme offered under the Health and Social Sciences cluster
- Singapore Citizens
- Have a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,500
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each bursary is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries, scholarship or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Quek Chin Seng and Lee Beng Choo Bursary was established in 2022 by the family of the late Mr Quek and Mdm Lee. From humble beginnings, Mr Quek was a dental assistant by experience, while Mdm Lee worked various odd jobs while supporting the family as a homemaker. This bursary is set up to award students pursuing education in the life science and food science fields, encouraging and supporting them to achieve success in their academics and careers beyond the institution.