The NetLink Trust Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programmes offered at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing any of the following full-time undergraduate programmes:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Electronics and Data Engineering
- Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Systems
- Singapore Citizens; and
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,250.
- Have achieved good academic results
Tenure and Benefits of the Award:
- Each Bursary is valued at $5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from NetLink Management Pte Ltd (as Trustee of NetLink Trust). NetLink Trust designs, builds, owns and operates the passive fibre network infrastructure of Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN). An initiative led by the Singapore government, the Next Gen NBN aims to enhance the competitiveness of the economy through nationwide ultra-high-speed broadband access. By providing an open, wholesale access to our fibre network, telecommunication operators can focus on offering innovative products and services to consumers and businesses without incurring high fixed costs.