Lew Foundation Bursary
The Lew Foundation Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing any of the full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) that satisfies the Institute's criteria for financial assistance.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at $7,500 and is tenable for one Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient's educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year may apply to receive and be considered for Bursary in the subsequent year.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other bursaries, scholarships, or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This Bursary is made possible by a gift from Lew Foundation. Established in 2015, Lew Foundation is named after its Founder and Chairman, Mr Lew Chee Beng. Generous and compassionate with great empathy for those suffering from hardships in their lives, Mr Lew firmly believes in supporting local communities and helping to provide for the less fortunate, the elderly and youth in particular.
Lew Foundation serves as a platform that nurtures and supports the efforts of local institutions, non-profit organisations, and charities, aimed at improving the lives of the needy and building a more compassionate and giving society.