The KKH Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing any of the full-time undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to S$690.
- Stay in a HDB that is no larger than a 4-room type HDB flat and do not own any private property.
- Have a polytechnic GPA of 3.0 and above (if in Year 1) or a SIT CGPA of 3.2 and above (if in Year 2 and above).
- Preference for applicants who have been working part-time since secondary school and currently work an average of 15 hours per week.
- Have Faculty's recommendation detailing that applicants exhibit potential in their studies, but their performance is hampered due to part-time employment.
- Should maintain above average grades and show that they are committed to complete their University studies during the selection interviews.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for the overseas immersion programme conducted by the Institute, and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Bursary for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for the Bursary in subsequent years, subject to the fulfilment of the selection criteria and selection by the Selection Committee.
- Recipients of this Bursary may not accept other bursaries, scholarships or awards concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr Kuok Khoon Hong.