The John Abraham Rapid Physiocare Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students who are enrolled in the full-time Honours Degree in Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy programme at the Institute.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing the Honours Degree in Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy programme jointly offered by SIT and TCD.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to $1,000, or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties.
- Preference will be given to those who have made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the Institute or the community.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary, valued at $5,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Bursary will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other Bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from Mr John Abraham, who is also a physiotherapist himself. John has always believed in giving back to the profession through various channels. One such dream was to support and inspire passionate physiotherapy students who will provide the best physiotherapy care to their patients and pay-it-forward in the future. John and his team at Rapid Physiocare have a passion for providing the best physiotherapy care for every patient, every time; they also aim to provide the best treatment through new methods and research. Prior to joining Rapid Physiocare, John worked as the Head of Rehab services at a private hospital and was also instrumental in setting up and establishing the rehabilitation department in primary healthcare. In addition to his clinical work, John is actively involved in philanthropic and public health efforts.