GST Rate Change on 1 Jan 2024
For courses commencing in 2023 and extending into 2024, the GST rate and the payable amount, as stated in the respective course pages of this website, are subject to change if payment is received on or after 1 Jan 2024.
Modern living dictates that we spend 80-90% of our lives indoors, be it at work, home, or at play.
Designers, architects, builders, and contractors are responsible for the construction of these spaces. Therefore, it is the responsibility of these specialists to create environmentally sustainable spaces, that can also positively impact the occupants’ health and wellbeing.
This course is designed to enable fellow interior designers and contractors to understand the fundamentals of sustainable and healthy interior design, specifically for Singapore homes. Materials shared in the basic tier are designed to be easily understandable and applicable for industry partners who might have minimal experience within the interior design industry.
This course is part of the Interior Design Course for Singapore Residences – Sustainable and Healthy Interiors series.
Designed as a 3-tiered series (basic, intermediate, and advanced), these courses aim to arm participants with fundamental knowledge, key concepts, and application tools to Discover, Design, and Deliver their projects successfully to their clients.
Who Should Attend
- Interior Designers
- Renovation Contractors
- Practitioners and managers within the design and building industry
- Managers and executives involved in marketing, branding, and advertising
What You Will Learn
Topic 1: The Designer’s mission
- Building and construction account for 39% of global carbon emissions. Participants will learn the fundamental concepts of environmentally sustainable design and the impact of the industry on global warming. Participants will also be introduced to the various global green standards, and measurement metrics that determine the impact of sustainable built solutions
Topic 2: Understanding if their design is Green
- Participants will be introduced to tools and templates for the measurement of Green interior design for residential spaces, which they can use to apply to their own projects
Topic 3: The 3Ds of designing a green interior space
- Through the presentation of a case study project completed by the trainer, participants will understand the process of designing a green interior space, from conception to completion. Thereafter, participants will learn to apply the 3Ds (Define>Design>Deliver) to a green interior space
Mark Shan Chian Teo
Assistant Professor , Business, Communication and Design, Singapore Institute of Technology
Chief Executive Officer, SIXIDES Asia
|9:00 am - 6:00 pm||
Introduction and Topic 1
|Hands-on exercises / Discussion|
|Q&A / Debrief|
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who
- Attend at least 75% of the course
- Undertake and pass non-credit bearing assessment during the course
The full fee for this course is S$864.00.
|Category||After SF Funding|
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40)||S$256.80|
|Singapore Citizen (40 & Above)||S$96.80|
|Singapore PR / LTVP+ Holder||S$259.20|
|Non-Singapore Citizen||S$864.00 (No Funding)|
Note: All fees above include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What coding skills do I need for this programme?
No programming skills are required for this programme.