The Infocomm Technology sector in Singapore is undergoing rapid transformation, creating a pressing need for talented professionals who can thrive in this dynamic landscape.
To meet these demands, the Competency-based Stackable Micro-credential (CSM) Pathway in Applied Computing is curated, offering you the opportunity to master the most sought-after competencies through micro-credentials.
Through this pathway, you will have the flexibility to choose micro-credentials tailored to your specific progression needs and be recognised for your acquired competencies through the attainment of Specialist Certificates.
These micro-credentials are designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to excel in new or advanced job roles in areas such as network security, Agile software development, cybersecurity and machine learning.
The blended learning model employed in each micro-credential combines the best of online and in-person delivery, ensuring a holistic learning experience. You will also be supported by success coaches who will ensure that you have the tools and guidance needed to succeed.
Each micro-credential can be taken individually. Upon completion of each micro-credential, you will be awarded a Specialist Certificate.
List of Micro-credentials
|Micro-credential Title||Type||Credits||Next Run|
|Digital Logic and Computing||Foundation||18||Sep 2024|
|Ethical Computing and Data Analysis*||Foundation||18||Jan 2024|
|Cloud Architecting and Security||Specialised||18||May 2024|
|Computer Networking and Network Security||Specialised||18||May 2024|
|Machine Learning*||Specialised||18||Jan 2024|
|Modern Software Engineering Practices*||Specialised||18||Jan 2024|
- Micro-credentials denoted by asterisk (*) have already been approved for subsidy by SkillsFuture Singapore.
- Learners are not required to take micro-credentials in a prescribed order. SIT will state the recommended baseline competencies that an individual should have.
- The list above will expand as more micro-credentials are introduced. Micro-credentials are subject to change without prior notice. SIT regularly reviews its curriculum to ensure that it remains industry-relevant and prepares our learners for the evolving needs of industry.
If you are interested in stacking these micro-credentials towards a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Computing (via the CSM Pathway), you will need to be accepted into the degree programme and complete the degree requirements totalling 180 credits. To ensure relevancy of the competencies gained, you will have up to five years to complete the necessary micro-credentials and other requirements to stack towards a degree. Learn more
Certificate and Assessment
A Specialist Certificate for each micro-credential will be issued to learners who:
- Attend at least 75% of the course and
- Undertake and pass all credit bearing assessments
Explore More Courses
Designed for busy professionals and executives, our courses are designed for those with ambition to grow in their career. Discover new opportunities to explore and hone your craft with us.