The (SCTP) Programme in Design Innovation held over three to four months is based on the Company Applied Research Design Studio (CARDS), an applied learning and research module established to investigate specific issues in a company and train individual participants in design innovation skills.
During CARDS, companies send teams of individuals to address early-stage challenges, including a complex balance of user desirability, business feasibility, and technical feasibility.
The company sponsors these problem areas with slightly defined problem areas. The problem areas are then analysed to reach more accurately defined problem questions, and these issues are addressed during the programme. This method aims to avoid constant traps in predefined solutions looking for undefined problems.
In this course, solutions are often omni-channel, multi-layered. The solution focuses on the cyclical experience of stakeholders, users, or customers. These applicable solutions include, but are not limited to, business models, immersive spatial environments, and digital interfaces. Through multiple consultations with various experts, the innovation project team triangulates a set of solutions.
This programme is cross-industry and applies if there is an interface between people and organisations. Because the program is based on the principles of design thinking and innovation, the CARDS programme provides a studio environment for identifying challenges in each industry. In short, CARDS is associated with all service-based sectors.
This programme equips mid-career individuals, including those employed, to transition into their careers.
This course is offered under the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme.
Who Should Attend
- Self-sponsored, mid-career individuals who wish to improve employability and pivot to new sectors or job roles
- Applicants should possess a relevant formal education in any discipline
- Applicants may be subjected to a prequalification interview prior to admission to the course
What You Will Learn
- Ideate in a disciplined manner and communicate these ideas via various forms of low to mid resolutions
- Customise business strategies with multiple stakeholder networks in consideration
- Identify zero-dollar solutions and explore cross-industry opportunities
- Understand the impact of technology adoption on human experiences and touch points
Associate Professor, Business, Communication and Design, Singapore Institute of Technology
Mark Shan Chian Teo
Assistant Professor , Business, Communication and Design, Singapore Institute of Technology
|May 2023 Run||1:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
11, 18, 25 May 2023
1, 8, 15, 22 June 2023
1, 6, 13, 20, 27 Jul 2023
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who
- Attend at least 75% of the course
- Undertake and pass non-credit bearing assessment during the course
A Certificate of Attainment will be issued to participants who
- Attend at least 75% of the course
- Pass credit bearing assessment during the course
The full fee for this course is S$10,800.00.
|Category||After SF Funding|
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40)||S$3,210.00|
|Singapore Citizen (40 & Above)||S$1,210.00|
|Singapore Citizen who meets the additional funding support criteria||S$710.00|
|Singapore PR / LTVP+ Holder||S$3,240.00|
|Non-Singapore Citizen||Not Eligible|
- All fees above include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
- This is a Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) supported course.
To be eligible for 95% additional funding support, applicants must be a Singapore Citizen and meet one of the following criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individual (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Person with disabilities; or
- Individual in need of financial assistance – ComCare Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipient or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipient. Additionally, they should not have received any other funding from government sources in respect of the actual grant disbursed for the programme.
Earn a Postgraduate Certificate
The Postgraduate Certificate in Design Strategy and Innovation seeks to fill the industry need for design innovation training that is hands-on and applicable to current industry needs without being merely theoretical.