With increased focus on the use of education technology to enhance teaching and learning, the Applied Learning and Innovation Grant (ALIGN) has been launched to replace the SALT Grant. ALIGN supports the improvement of learning and teaching at SIT by encouraging academic staff to:
• Promote effective applied learning at SIT
• Adoption of education technology and innovation for teaching and learning
• Extend, broaden and strengthen learning activities that inculcate SIT-DNA
• Propose current and future technological and pedagogical aids
• Develop discipline-specific pedagogies
• Innovate solutions that develop conducive and effective learning environments unique to SIT’s student profile
• Improve and increase adoption of effective and authentic assessments
• Expand SIT’s network of expertise, scholarly work, and creativity in learning and teaching modalities and methodologies
Who Can Apply?
All SIT academic staff are eligible to apply for funding of up to S$40,000 for a duration of up to 18 months. SIT academic staff should form a team consisting of two or more members from different clusters / divisions.