The TIP is designed to familiarise new SIT academic staff with the distinctive teaching and applied learning approaches at SIT. Experienced SIT academic staff will facilitate the programme, which comprises both virtual and in-person sessions.
Participants of this programme will be able to:
- Gain insights into the SIT context
- Develop effective applied learning experience for SIT students
- Get practical insights and information on tools to help them begin teaching in SIT
To complete TIP, participants must do the following:
- Attend the synchronous online session (part 1) and face-to-face session (part 3)
- Complete the quizzes for the asynchronous online sessions (part 2)
- Complete a homework assignment
How do I sign up for TIP?
There is no need to sign up. New SIT academic staff will automatically be enrolled and informed via email.
Part 1: Setting the context
Get to know fellow new colleagues during the first session. We will also give you details about the TIP, discuss assessment, and highlight the teaching and learning support at SIT that is available to you.
Part 2: Deepening and applying the understanding
This is a series of self-paced online learning sessions elaborating on the core ideas of learning outcomes, learning activities and assessment. Along the way, you will also receive support to apply what you have learnt to your TIP assignment.
Part 3: Making connections
In this face-to-face session, we discuss the science of learning, feedback, and technology-enhanced learning. Experienced colleagues will be invited to facilitate the sessions and share tips about teaching at SIT.