- Programme Leader, SIT BEng (Hons) Information & Communications Technology (Information Security)– Present
- Deputy Head, Verbosecurity Pte Ltd– Present
- Assistant Professor– Present
- PhD (Computer Science)Nanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Master of TechnologyNational Institute of Technology Calicut , India
- Bachelor of Technology in EngineeringUniversity of Calicut , India
- NTU Graduate Research Scholarship, NTU, Singapore–
- M-Tech GATE Scholarship, NIT Calicut, India–
- Gold Medalist, NIT Calicut, India
- Research Scientist with Agency for Science Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore–
- Embedded Software Engineer with inDSP Audio Technolgies R&D Labs–
- A Cross-Platform, Smart Drone Control Framework– Present
Team Principal Investigator, A Cross-Platform, Smart Drone Control Framework, S$332,886, MOE Translational R&D and Innovation Fund, 2 Nov 2020 - 1 Nov 2022
- Blockchain-based Timestamping for Proof of Existence of Artifacts– Present
Co-Principal Investigator, Blockchain-based Timestamping for Proof of Existence of Artifacts, SIT seed grant S$ 10,000. June 2020 - June 2021
- Smart Learning Analytics for Digital Crime– Present
Co-Principal Investigator, SLADE: Smart Learning Analytics for Digital Crime, S$3,092,795.00, National Cybersecurity Research & Development (NCR) Programme 2018, Funded by NRF and EDB, 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2022.
- Application Security Assessment Protocol– Present
Principal Investigator, Application Security Assessment Protocol, S$177,872.00, Singapore Cybersecurity Consortium Seed Grant, February 2020 – Nov 2021.
- Designing with Holograms - Mixed Reality for Design & FEA– Present
Co-Principal Investigator, Designing with Holograms - Mixed Reality for Design & FEA, S$235800.00, SIT Ignition Grant, 3 Oct 2019 – 3 Oct 2021.
- An Intelligent Vulnerability Analysis, Detection and Resistance Framework for Drones– Present
Principal Investigator, An Intelligent Vulnerability Analysis, Detection and Resistance Framework for Drones. SIT Ignition Grant, S$162805.00, 01 April 2019
- P2P and Crowdfunding: Credit Score, Probability of Default Models and Machine Learning–
Co-Principal Investigator, S$10,000.00, SIT seed grant
- Evolving Ontology-based Skill Mapping for Bot-based Job Interviews–
Principal Investigator. S$20,000.00, SIT Ignition Grant
Ryan Fraser, and Vivek Balachnadran. "Incorporating Industry into the Curriculum: Applied Learning in Computer Science." Applied Learning in Higher Education:: Perspective, Pedagogy, and Practice, pp 85-98, Information Science Press, 2020
Perdana, Arif, Alastair Robb, Vivek Balachandran, and Fiona Rohde. "Distributed ledger technology: its evolutionary path and the road ahead." Information & Management (2020): 103316.
Vivek Balachandran, Tan DJ, Thing VL. Control flow obfuscation for android applications. Computers & Security. 2016 Aug 1;61:72-93.
V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Potent and Stealthy Control Flow Obfuscation by Stack Based Self-Modifying Code," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol.8, no.4, pp.669,681, April 2013
Vij, Devyani, Vivek Balachandran, Tony Thomas, and Roopak Surendran. "Gramac: A graph based android malware classification mechanism." In Proceedings of the tenth ACM conference on data and application security and privacy, pp. 156-158. 2020.
Chua, Melissa, Vivek Balachandran, Gaurav Kapoor, and Tan Weisheng. "Location Spoofing Detection Enhancement through RSSI Inferred Movement Analysis." In 2020 Sixth International Conference on Mobile And Secure Services (MobiSecServ), pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2020.
Mohammad Shameel, Vivek Balachandran, Peter Loh, and Melissa Chua. "DRAT: A Drone Attack Tool for Vulnerability Assessment." In Proceedings of the Tenth ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy, pp. 153-155. 2020.
Kelvin Soh Boon Kai, Eugene Chong, Vivek Balachandran, Anomaly Detection on DNS Traffic using Big Data and Machine Learning, International Conference on Big Data and Cyber-Security Intelligence, Dec 2019
Ryan Fraser, and Vivek Balachnadran. "Incorporating Industry into the Curriculum: Applied Learning in Computer Science." 2019 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Education (TALE). IEEE, 2019.
D Geethanjali, Tan Li Ying, Melissa Chua and Vivek Balachandran. AEON: Android Encryption based Obfuscation. ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy, 2018, Tempe, USA.
Vivek Balachandran, Chitra Panchapakesan and Vishakh Balachandran. LYCEUM - Classroom without walls. British Human Computer Interaction Conference. July 2018.
Ryan Fraser, Vivek Balachandran and Soumyadeb Chowdhary. Applied Learning in Computer Science: Integrative Team Project. Applied Learning Conference, Singapore, Jan 2018.
Melissa Chua and Vivek Balachandran. Effectiveness of Android Obfuscation on Evading Anti-malware. ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy, 2018, Tempe, USA.
Arif Perdana, Alastair Robb, Vivek Balachandran & Fiona Rohde. (2017). Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT): Its Evolutionary Path and the Road Ahead. In 9th Annual Pre-ICIS Workshop on Accounting Information Systems, Seoul, South Korea.
Vivek Balachandran, NW Keong, S Emmanuel. Return Oriented Obfuscation. Eighth International Conference on Networks & Communications, 2016, Sydney, Australia.
V. Balachandran, N. W. Keong and S. Emmanuel, "Obfuscation by code fragmentation to evade reverse engineering", IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, San Diego, USA, Oct 2014
V. Balachandran, N. W. Keong and S. Emmanuel, "Function level control ow obfuscation for software security", International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, Birmingham, UK, July 2014
V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Software Protection with Obfuscation and Encryption", Information Security Practices and Experiences Conference, ISPEC, 2013
Lim Jun Long, Vivek Balachandran, Sabu Emmanuel, NgWee Keong, "Obfuscating Server Client Programs against Reverse Engineering", National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Thrissur 2013
V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Software Code Obfuscation by Hiding Control Flow Information in Stack", IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS, 2011
Information and Communications Technology (Information Security), BEng (Hons)
- ICT2204 - Ethical Hacking
- ICT2207 - Mobile Security
- ICT3204 - Security Analytics
- ICT1006 - ICT in Organisations
Information and Communications Technology (Software Engineering), BEng (Hons)
- ICT1006 - ICT in Organisations
- ICT3103 - Secured Software Development
Telematics (Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineering), MEngTech and BEng (Hons)
- TLM2007 - Operating Systems and automotive OS
Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering, BEng (Hons)
- MME1151 - Programming