Moshood Olawale FADEYI
“Education is the process of presenting individuals and groups with information or engaging in activities to stimulate critical and reflective thinking, leading to learning, corresponding to the thinking level. This, in turn, facilitates the development of experience, i.e., knowledge, understanding, and skills.” – Dr. Moshood Olawale Fadeyi.”
Dr. Moshood Olawale Fadeyi is a sustainable building professor with specialisation in sustainable building engineering communication at the Singapore Institute of Technology. He is also an architect, an indoor air quality expert, a chartered engineer (UK) – building services, a chartered construction manager (UK), and a cartoonist. He holds four university degrees, including a Ph.D. in Indoor Environment and Energy from the National University of Singapore and the Technical University of Denmark.
Dr. Fadeyi is architecture (BSc Arch and M.Arch.), building science (MSc.), and engineering (Ph.D.) trained. He is a member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (UK), Chartered Institute of Building (UK), and American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, & Air-conditioning Engineers. He is well suited for architecture, interior design, building science, and architectural/building services engineering education. He has experience and expertise in developing undergraduate and postgraduate curricula to make students job-ready upon graduation.
Dr. Fadeyi’s current research endeavour uses scientific findings, artistic inquiry, and creative practice to create an educational experience useful for solving indoor air quality and sustainable building value delivery problems in practice and real-life settings. His research is geared towards developing human capabilities for problem-solving in industry and the community through critical and reflective thinking development. His academic career scholarship portfolio includes more than 200 research outputs published in public educational resources, peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and books.
Dr. Fadeyi leverages his fundamental knowledge and skillsets in the philosophy of digital solutions adoption, problem-solving philosophy, design, critical, reflective, scientific, and lean thinking, fine art, research, and storytelling for creating his creative works. Companies and government agencies highly seek his expertise and leadership skills. He is the Editor, Author, and Cartoonist of Indoor Air Cartoon Journal – a public educational resource informed by artistic-educational research, providing indoor air quality (IAQ) educational experience to audiences from over 100 countries. He is a former National Taekwondo Champion in Singapore – Black Belt Middle-Heavy Weight category, 2006.
- Associate ProfessorPresent
- PhD (Indoor Environment and Energy)National University of Singapore / Technical University of Denmark (Joint Degree) ,
- MSc (Building Science)National University of Singapore , Singapore
- M.Arch (Architecture)Obafemi Awolowo University , Nigeria
- BSc (Architecture)Obafemi Awolowo University , Nigeria
- Empowerment of students, industry professionals, academic professionals, the public, and himself to develop the experience needed to improve the industry, educational practices, and healthy living.
- Qualified ArchitectNigeria
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), Building ServicesEngineering Council, UK
- Chartered Construction ManagerChartered Institute of Building, UK
- Member, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers, USA (MASHRAE)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB), UK
- Member, Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (MCIBSE), UK
Creative Practices for IAQ and Sustainable Building Engineering Knowledge Exchange
Enhancing Critical and Reflective Thinking for Enhanced Education in IAQ and Sustainable Building Engineering