I am currently an Assistant Professor at the Infocomm Technology and Engineering Clusters at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Meanwhile, I am an Adjunct Senior Research Scientist at Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), a research center established by the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC) in Singapore. I am also the research affiliate at the Coordinated Science Laboratory (CSL) at UIUC. I received my PhD degree from Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR and B.E. degree from Department of Telecommunication Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
- Assistant Professor– Present
- Associate Faculty–
- PhD (Computer Science)City University of Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR China
- BE (Telecommunication Engineering)Sichuan University , China
- IEEE Transactions on Communications Exemplary Reviewer, IEEE Communications Society–
- Research Activities Fund, City University of Hong Kong–
- IEEE Infocom Student Travel Grant, Microsoft Research–
- Senior Research Scientist, Illinois at Singapore, SingaporePresent
- Editor: Editorial Board of Frontiers in IoT and Sensor Networks, Editorial Board of Frontiers in Smart Grid CommunicationsPresent
- Workshop Co-program Chair/Organising Co-Chair/Publication and Registration Chair/Session Chair:IEEE SmartGridComm 2022, AIoTS 2021, IEEE ICDCS 2020 et alPresent
- TPC member: ACM e-Energy 2023, IEEE SmartGridComm 2022, IFIP Networking 2022, IEEE CIT 2015-2018 et alPresent
- Reviewer: IEEE Infocom, IEEE IWQoS, IEEE SmartGridComm, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vehicular Technology, Communication, Mobile Computing, Network Science and Engineering, Industrial Informatics et alPresent
- Research Scientist, Illinois at Singapore, Singapore–
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Illinois at Singapore, Singapore–
- Research Engineer, Illinois at Singapore, Singapore–
Deep learning for sensing and computing
- Estate-IQ: an Advanced AI System for Enabling Smart HDB Estate Services (S$4.98M), Co-PI, funded by Ministry of National Development (MND) of Singapore, July 2021 to June 2024.– Present
- Attack-Resilient AI-Empowered Autonomous Cyber-Physical Systems (S$500k), Co-PI, funded by National Satellite of Excellence in Trustworthy Software Systems (NSOE-TSS) , Oct 2020 to Mar 2023.– Present
- Anomaly Detection in Power System Control Centers and State Estimation (S$1.5M), Co-PI, funded by Energy Market Authority (EMA) of Singapore, Oct 2019 to Mar 2022.–
Selected publications are listed here. Names with * are students or research staff who worked directly with me for the publication.
Prakhar Ganes*, Yao Chen, Xin Lou, Mohammad Ali Khan, Yin Yang, Deming Chen, Marianne Winslett, Hassan Sajjad, and Preslav Nakov, Compressing Large-Scale Transformer-Based Models: A Case Study on BERT, Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 9, 1061-1080, 2021.
Linshan Jiang*, Rui Tan, Xin Lou, and Guosheng Lin, On Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Collaborative Learning for Internet of Things by Independent Ran-dom Projections , ACM Transactions on Internet of Things, 2(2), 2021.
Prakhar Ganesh*, Xin Lou, Yao Chen, David K.Y. Yau, Rui Tan, Demin Chen, Marianne Winslett, Learning-based Simultaneous Detection and Characterization of Time Delay Attack in Cyber-Physical Systems, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 12(4): 3581-3593, 2021.
Xin Lou, Cuong Tran*, Rui Tan, and David Yau, Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, Ambarish Banerjee*, Prakhar Ganesh*, Assessing and Mitigating Impact of Time Delay Attack: Case Studies for Power Grid Controls, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 38(1):141-155, 2020.
Xin Lou, David Yau, Rui Tan, and Peng Cheng, Cost and Pricing of Differential Privacy in Demand Reporting for Smart Grids, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, accepted, 7(3), 2037-2051, 2020.
Chaojie Gu, Rui Tan, and Xin Lou, One-hop Out-of-band Control Planes for Multi-hop Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, 15(4), 2019.
Hanyu Zheng*, Zhenwei Ng*, Pengfei Zhou*, Xin Lou, David Yau, Marianne Winslett, Detecting Cyber Attacks in Smart Grids with Massive Unlabeled Sensing Data, IEEE SmartGridComm, 2022.
Yuqing Zhu*, Sridhar Adepu, Ying Yang*, Kushagra Dixit and Xin Lou, Adversarial Attacks and Mitigations on Scene Segmentation of Autonomous Vehicles, the 8th Workshop On The Security Of Industrial Control Systems Of Cyber-Physical Systems (CyberICPS), in Conjunction With ESORICS, 2022.
Weili Yan*, Xin Lou, David Yau, Ying Yang*, Ramadan Saifuddin*, Marianne Winslett, A Stealthier False Data Injection Attack against the Power Grid, IEEE SmartGridComm, 2021.
Ramadan Saifuddin*, David Yau, Xin Lou, Reliability-Security Trade-Off for Distributed Reactive Power Control in Transactive Grid, IEEE SmartGridComm, 2021.
Ying Yang*, Xin Lou, Binbin Chen, Marianne Winslett, and Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, Identifying Failing Point Machines from Sensor-Free Train System Logs, IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData), 2020.
Linshan Jiang*, Xin Lou, Rui Tan, and Jun Zhao, Differentially Private Collaborative Learning for the IoT Edge, The 2nd International Workshop on Crowd Intelligence for Smart Cities: Technology and Applications (CICS), co-located with EWSN'19, 2019.
Xin Lou, Cuong Tran*, David K.Y. Yau, Rui Tan, Hongwei Ng, Tom Zhengjia Fu, Marianne Winslett, Learning-Based Time Delay Attack Characterization for Cyber-Physical Systems, IEEE SmartGridComm 2019 - Workshop: AI in Energy Systems (Invited Paper), 2019.
Linshan Jiang*, Rui Tan, Xin Lou, and Guosheng Lin, On Lightweight Privacy-Preserving Collaborative Learning for Internet-of-Things Objects, The 4th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI) , CPS-IoT Week 2019.
Xin Lou, Cuong Tran*, Rui Tan, David Yau, and Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, Assessing and Mitigating Impact of Time Delay Attack: A Case Study for Power Grid Frequency Control, The 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), CPS-IoT Week 2019.
Chaojie Gu, Rui Tan, Xin Lou, and Dusit Niyato, One-Hop Out-of-Band Control Planes for Low-Power Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, IEEE Infocom, 2018.
Xin Lou, Rui Tan, David Yau and Peng Cheng, Cost of Differential Privacy in Demand Reporting for Smart Grid Economic Dispatch, IEEE Infocom, 2017.