Lam, S. K. Y., Chau, J. P. C., Lo, S. H. S., Siow, E. K. C., Lee, V. W. Y., Shum. E. W. C., & Lau, A. Y. L. (2021) User engagement in the development of a home-based virtual multidisciplinary stroke care clinic for stroke survivors and caregivers: a qualitative descriptive study, Disability and Rehabilitation, DOI: 10.1080/09638288.2021.1955305
Kee Chen Elaine Siow
- Programme Leader, SIT-UofG BSc (Hons) Nursing– Present
- Associate Professor– Present
- Assistant Provost (Student Experience)–
- PhDUniversity of Pennsylvania , United States
- MSNUniversity of Pennsylvania , United States
- Singapore Nursing Board, Registered Nurse
- Singapore Nurses Association, MemberPresent
- Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) Education Committee, Member–
- Ministry of Health (MOH) National Nursing Education Committee, Member–
Health promotion and preventive health
Cardiovascular and chronic disease
Improving care transitions
Health behavior change
- Gamification in eHealth intervention to enhance learning and self-care management for post-stroke care– Present
MOH-NMRC, Singapore. (PI)
- Digital health literacy in older adults– Present
KM Quek Fund, Singapore (PI)
- Influence of cognitive function and skeletal muscle mass and strength on disability among people with silicosis.– Present
The Pneumoconiosis Compensation Fund Board, Hong Kong SAR. (Co-I)
- Understanding the factors associated with vaccine hesitancy, human papilloma virus vaccination, and cervical cancer screening participation among young adult women.–
SIT Applied Research Seed Grant, Singapore. (PI)
- Using online interactive video vignettes to enhance student learning in the healthcare innovations module.–
SIT Harnessing Applied Learning Online (HALO) grant, Singapore. (PI)
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a virtual multidisciplinary stroke care clinic for community-dwelling stroke survivors and caregivers: a randomized controlled trial.–
Health and Medical Research Fund, Hong Kong SAR. (Co-I)
- Improving medication adherence through a health literacy-based intervention among Chinese coronary heart disease patients with low health literacy: a randomized controlled pilot study.–
The Office of Academic Links (China), Taiwan Collaboration Fund, Hong Kong SAR. (PI)
- Student learning and teaching effectiveness implementing project-based learning in modules on health systems and global health.–
Ministry of Education Tertiary Education Research Fund, Singapore. (Co-I)
- Are patients ready to be discharged to home from the emergency medicine ward?–
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Nethersole School of Nursing internal seeding research grant, Hong Kong SAR. (PI)
Chair, S. Y., Cheng, H. Y., Choi, K. C., Fung, E.Y.M.G., Siow, E. K. C., Cao, X. (2020). Influenza-associated hospitalizations increase the risk of subsequent heart failure hospital admissions: a 20-year territory-wide registry study in Hong Kong. American Journal of Epidemiology. DOI: 10.1093/aje/kwaa263.
Chair, S. Y., Cheng, H. Y., Chew, H. S. J., Zang, A. Y. L., Siow, E. K. C., & Cao, X. (2020) Leisure-time physical activity and depression among patients with coronary heart disease: the mediating role of physical activity self-efficacy. journal of Worldviews on Evidence-based Nursing, 17(2), 144-150. doi: 10.1111/wvn.12425. Epub 2020 Mar 14.
Siow, E., Lo, S. M., Yeung, K. L., Yeung, R. S. D., Choi, K. C., Chair, S. Y. (2019). Factors and post-discharge outcomes associated with patients’ readiness for discharge from the emergency medicine ward: a prospective study. International Emergency Nursing, doi: 10.1016/j.ienj.2019.04.002. [Epub ahead of print].
Chau, J. P. C., Lo, S. H. S., Lee, V. W. Y., Choi, K. C., Shum, E. W. C., Hung, Z. S. S., Mok, V. C. T., Siow, E. K. C., Ching, J. Y. L., Lam, S. K. Y., Yeung, J. H. M., Li, S. H., Lau, A. Y. L. (2019). Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a virtual multidisciplinary stroke care clinic for community-dwelling stroke survivors and caregivers: a randomised controlled trial protocol. BMJ Open, 10; 9(5), e026500. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-026500.
Lam, K. Y. S., Chau, P. C. J., Lo, H. S. S., Lau, Y. L. A., Lee, W. Y. V., Choi, K. C., Mok, C. T. V., Shum, W. C. E., Hung, S. S., Siow, E. K. C., Ching, Y. L. J., Yeung, H. M. J., & Hung, L. S. (2018). Development of an online multidisciplinary self-management program for community-dwelling stroke survivors and caregivers. International Journal of Stroke, 13 (2), 93. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1747493018789543
Siow, E., Leung, D. Y. P., Wong, E. M. L., Lam, W. H., & Lo, S. M. (2018). Does depression moderate the effects of exercise self-efficacy on physical activity among patients with coronary heart disease? Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 4, E26-E34. doi: 10.1097/JCN.0000000000000491
Siow, E. and Ng, J. (2013). Internal Migration of Nurses in the United States: Migratory Prompts and Difference in Job Satisfaction Between Migrants and Non-migrants. Nursing Economic$, 31 (3), 218-136. PMID: 23923241
Siow, E., Wypij, D., Berry, P., Hickey, P., and Curley, M. A. Q. (2013). The Effect of Continuity in Nursing Care on Patient Outcomes in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 43 (7/8), 394-402. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0b013e31829d61e5.
Siow, E. (2008). Enteral Versus Parenteral Nutrition For Acute Pancreatitis. Critical Care Nurse, 28 (4), 19-31. PMID:18669704
Siow, E. Chapter 31: Nursing Management: Patients with Endocrine Disorders. In Honan, L. (2018). Focus on Adult Health Medical Surgical Nursing, 2nd e. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkens, Wolters Kluwer Publications.
Siow, E. Chapter 31: Nursing Management: Patients with Endocrine Disorders. In Pellico, L. (2012). Focus on Adult Health Medical Surgical Nursing, 1e. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkens, Wolters Kluwer Publications.